1. Get a CT scan or MRI request from your attending physician.
Ideally, your doctor’s contact number should be on the request, so that the doctors of Cii know whom to call for any clarification.
2. Make an appointment for your CT scan or MRI at Cii.
You may either call us at telephone nos. +63 2 819 5375 or +63 2 892 5834, or visit us at Makati Medical Center. Cii is open from Mondays to Saturdays, 6:00 am to 10:00 pm and personnel are on call 24/7.
Cii accepts walk-in patients at Makati Medical Center. We accommodate walk-in patients on a “first come, first served” basis, depending on the remaining slots for the day.
IN CASES OF EMERGENCY (e.g., suspected stroke): There is NO NEED for an appointment. Proceed to the MMC Emergency Room immediately. Inform the ER that you wish your scanning be performed by Cii. The ER will alert our doctors and coordinate with yours. Contact your attending physician as well.
3. Prepare for your CT scan or MRI.
Some patients may need to avoid food and water, or take specific medications one day before their scan. Our secretaries will inform you about these preparations when you set your appointment.
4. Go to Cii on the day of your CT scan or MRI.
Patients are requested to arrive at the reception area of Cii at least 30 minutes before their scheduled time.
- Patient Data: Our secretaries will assist you in completing our patient information form, and one of our nurses or on-duty physicians will obtain your medical history. This will aid our radiologists in interpreting your CT scan or MRI, and shall remain confidential.
- Payment: You may pay for your scan at this point. Cii a
ccepts cash and all majo
r credit cards.
- Sedation: Some patients, especially children, need to be put to sleep using a sedative that has to be given at Cii before their CT scan or MRI. In these cases, it is advised to arrive at least one hour before your scheduled time.
- Late Patients: If you fail to show up 15 minutes after your scheduled time, you may forfeit your slot to the next available patient at Cii. And you will be re-scheduled on the same day at the next available slot or at another time at your convenience.
- Re-scheduling your appointment: If you cannot make it to your appointment, please let us know beforehand so that we could give your slot to another patient. Please coordinate with our secretaries so that we could schedule your scan at a more convenient date and time.
5. Get your CT scan or MRI.
Our nurses and rad technicians will assist you all throughout the procedure. Should you have questions or feel any discomfort, please do not hesitate to call their attention at any time during your CT scan or MRI. The attending physicians of Cii are likewise present at the adjacent reading room during office hours. One companion may accompany the patient inside the MRI suite.
6. Get your results.
CT scan and MRI results are usually available within 2 working days after your scan. You may call our office to confirm availability of the results, before you proceed to Makati Medical Center.
FOR URGENT AND EMERGENCY CASES: Your attending physician may wish to go to Cii to discuss the preliminary results with Cii’s radiologists.
If you have any questions about this step-by-step guide, please don't hesitate to contact us.